Rolling Stones Announce Photo Book for 50th Anniversary
On July 12th, 1962, the Rolling Stones (billed as “The Rollin’ Stones”) played their first show together at the the Marquee Club in London, England. Exactly fifty years later, the band will commemorate that eventful show by releasing a new photo book titled The Rolling Stones: 50.
The book will include over 700 photos, many of them from the Daily Mirror‘s archive, which contains the largest newspaper collection of Rolling Stones photographs. Published by Thames & Hudson in Britain, the book will also contain comments and writing from band members.
“Curated by us, it features the very best photographs and ephemera from and beyond our archives,” the band said in a statement. “This is our story of 50 fantastic years.”
While the photo book, being released on July 12th, is a nice collector’s piece for fans of the Stones, what everyone is praying for is a reunion tour. According to Ronnie Wood, it’s just about ironing out the details, but no information has been released regarding plans to tour.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets For Huey Lewis and The News At NJPAC
- Play Scrabble for the Lolz: Board Game Adds Thousands of New Words
- Rod Stewart Announces New Album ‘Another Country’ for October
- Roger Waters to Headline Newport Folk Festival
- 26 Delicious Songs You Can Bring on a Picnic, from A to Z
- American Idol Winner Nick Fradiani Heads Out on the Road with ‘Idols Live’
- Win A Trip To Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
- See the Rolling Stones’ Setlist from Their Los Angeles Fonda Show Last Night
- Foo Fighters Perform ‘Everlong’ on David Letterman’s Final Show
- David Letterman’s Final Broadcast Is Jam-Packed with Jokes, Stories & Special Guests