Rolling Stones Announce Photo Book for 50th Anniversary
On July 12th, 1962, the Rolling Stones (billed as “The Rollin’ Stones”) played their first show together at the the Marquee Club in London, England. Exactly fifty years later, the band will commemorate that eventful show by releasing a new photo book titled The Rolling Stones: 50.
The book will include over 700 photos, many of them from the Daily Mirror‘s archive, which contains the largest newspaper collection of Rolling Stones photographs. Published by Thames & Hudson in Britain, the book will also contain comments and writing from band members.
“Curated by us, it features the very best photographs and ephemera from and beyond our archives,” the band said in a statement. “This is our story of 50 fantastic years.”
While the photo book, being released on July 12th, is a nice collector’s piece for fans of the Stones, what everyone is praying for is a reunion tour. According to Ronnie Wood, it’s just about ironing out the details, but no information has been released regarding plans to tour.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Watch the ‘Fantastic Four’ Trailer
- New ‘Victoria’s Secret Swim Special’ To Air On CBS
- Watch ZZ Top Perform Their Tribute to a Dirty South Classic
- Gregg Allman Announces 2015 Spring Tour
- Michael Moore Responds to ‘Haters,’ Points Out His Support for Troops
- Win Tickets To See Jay Leno
- Sam Smith Must Pay Tom Petty Songwriting Royalties for ‘Stay With Me’
- Get Out Of The Cold And Head For The Islands With Norwegian Cruise Line!
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 26, 2015
- Win A Year’s Supply Of Natural Choice Dog Food