Monkees Singer Davy Jones Dead at 66

Singer Davy Jones, best known as a member of the Monkees, has passed away at the age of sixty-six.

CBS Miami has confirmed Jones has passed away from a heart attack early this morning at Martin Memorial Hospital.

[photogallerylink id=74877]

Jones joined the Monkees in 1965 with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Peter Tork. The group was originally inspired for television after filmmakers Bob Rafelson and Bert Schneider watched The Beatles‘ film A Hard Day’s Night. The sitcom ran for two seasons from 1966-1968, amassing fifty-eight episodes.

Davy Jones is survived by his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and four daughters from previous marriages.

Go to CBS Miami for up-to-the-minute news coverage.

Listen to Dan Taylor’s Interview with Davy Jones!

Latest from WCBSFM.com >

Comments

1. Denise Paz says:

So incredibly sad…I’m so glad my sister and I got to see him perform at the St. George Theater on Staten Island recently…..he was as fabulous as ever and she even was able to take a picture with him and have him sign her poster. He will be missed.

2. Larry says:

A shame, part of an era that keeps losing some of the best represntatives of the best music ever.
    Rest in Peace

3. Irene Sami says:

RIP Davey Jones… What a talent and the group sang such “Feel Good” songs… We’ll miss YOU!

4. Dan Asnis says:

I won Bergen PAC Davey Joes tickets from CBS FM in 2007 but had to work that night. Now I will never get another chance. RIP Davey. The Monkees and his guest spot Brady Bunch live on for ever in syndacation.

5. Lisa Sattar says:

I remember in the early 70’s as a little girl I would buy the Teen magazines and have his posters all over my room. Actually went to see the Monkeys in concert at The Chicago theater on State St in Chicago, my dad had a lot of patience with me that day! Rest in peace Davy you will be missed.

6. Mary Shaw says:

I was hoping that was a mistake,😦 my heart is broken!!! sigh!!!

7. MARGIE MURPHY says:

I REMEMBER GETTING THE FIRST MONKEES ALBUM AS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT IN 1967, I PLAYED IT OVER AND OVER. I’M 56 YEARS OLD AND STILL HAVE THE ALBUM. I STILL LISTEN TO MONKEES SONGS ON MY IPOD.

RIP DAVEY AND LONG LIVE CBSFM

8. Jane Elliott says:

I remember in 2002 when we were in Disney World and saw Davey Jones in concert. He walked through the audience singing and I was in awe just watching him singing. You can tell he truly loved being in the audience. I will never forget that day nor watching him on the Monkeys and on the Brady Bunch. So sad. Rest in Peace Davey.

9. Ada Bauer says:

I was shocked to hear that Davy Jones Died of a Heart Attacked . He did not strike me as the type of person that would suffer from Heart problems. At lease the end was quick for him. I send my respects to his family and to the rest of the moonkees group. I will always remmeber their show and the Monkee Men outfit.

Davy will be missed by this Fan.

10. Cindy Sciano says:

I have been a Monkees fan for 45 +years , and I had the great opportunity to meet the the Monkees last June at Mohegan Sun. Although they were only brief encounters of a hello and a handshake, I was able to speak to Davy for a moment . I told him that we had actually met over 30 years ago. I was a nursing student in Toledo, Ohio, and he was appearing at a local establishment with a group named Toast. I think by his reaction and his Oh yeah! that he was a little surprised that anyone had ever heard of them. I will always remember that and him. Cindy Sciano