Singer Davy Jones, best known as a member of the Monkees, has passed away at the age of sixty-six.
CBS Miami has confirmed Jones has passed away from a heart attack early this morning at Martin Memorial Hospital.
Jones joined the Monkees in 1965 with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Peter Tork. The group was originally inspired for television after filmmakers Bob Rafelson and Bert Schneider watched The Beatles‘ film A Hard Day’s Night. The sitcom ran for two seasons from 1966-1968, amassing fifty-eight episodes.
Davy Jones is survived by his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and four daughters from previous marriages.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets For Jimmy Buffett & Huey Lewis
- Celebrate the Season with #GivingTuesday
- U2 Reschedules Paris Dates, Concert Special
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: November 23, 2015
- Win Tickets To Joe Bonamassa At Carnegie Hall
- Win Tickets To The International Motorcycle Show
- This Week In History: The Supremes, Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer, and Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
- Watch Jimmy Page Play ‘Rock and Roll’ with Paul Rodgers and Duff McKagan
- Get Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ for Free
- This Toddler Rocking Out To Queen is All of Us