Singer Davy Jones, best known as a member of the Monkees, has passed away at the age of sixty-six.
CBS Miami has confirmed Jones has passed away from a heart attack early this morning at Martin Memorial Hospital.
Jones joined the Monkees in 1965 with Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, and Peter Tork. The group was originally inspired for television after filmmakers Bob Rafelson and Bert Schneider watched The Beatles‘ film A Hard Day’s Night. The sitcom ran for two seasons from 1966-1968, amassing fifty-eight episodes.
Davy Jones is survived by his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and four daughters from previous marriages.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Madonna Defends Her Billboard Awards Prince Tribute
- Steve Lukather of Toto on the Star Phone with Scott Shannon
- Win Tickets For Van Morrison At Forest Hills Stadium
- Questlove Defends Madonna’s Prince Tribute
- Win Tickets To The NHRA SummerNationals At Raceway Park
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 5/23/16
- Win Tickets To Pet Shop Boys At The Theater At MSG
- Madonna Performs ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ in Billboard Awards Tribute to Prince
- Watch Sia Cover Nat King Cole’s ‘Unforgettable’
- Celine Dion Releases Cover of Queen’s ‘The Show Must Go On’