Womp Womp! Buffalo Springfield Reunion Likely Over
In 1976, Neil Young delivered Stephen Stills word of his departure from The Stills-Young Band by a telegram with the following message:
“Dear Stephen, funny how some things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach. Neil.”
It appears the same fate has befallen Stills and Buffalo Springfield bandmate Richie Furay, sans dramatic telegram, in regards to the reunion they hoped to venture on this year.
After the band performed together at 2010’s Bridge School Benefit, they embarked on a six-date theater tour of California before performing at Bonnaroo, which led many to believe Buffalo Springfield was well on its way to a reunion.
And that was the case, but 2011 tour plans were postponed until 2012, and now, as Neil works with another band from his past, Crazy Horse, it looks like Buffalo Springfield will be put on the shelf indefinitely.
“Neil is just fickle and even though it boils down to all three of us making a decision,” says Richie Furay. “Without the three of us, really there can’t be anything that would even resemble a Buffalo Springfield… I gotta say that we probably lost a little bit of our momentum; that isn’t to say it couldn’t be picked up again, but I certainly don’t see anything happening this year.”
Exactly what does the future hold for Buffalo Springfield? There’s no way of knowing when Neil Young is in the fray.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Morrissey Laments Media Coverage of Robin Williams That ‘Overshadowed’ Lauren Bacall’s Death
- Ray Davies Denies ‘Mojo’ Report About a 2015 Kinks Reunion
- Bob Dylan Announces Fall North American Tour
- Jeff Bridges ‘Live’ Tracklist Includes Covers of the Byrds, Townes Van Zandt and – Of Course – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Enter To Win: History of the Eagles At The Garden
- Dad Records Teen Daughter’s Wild Backseat #Selfie Session
- More ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Videos, Now with a Man on Fire + Homer Simpson
- Aerosmith Takes the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on Stage in Texas
- ‘Weird Al’ Yankovic Spoofs Theme Songs of ‘Mad Men,’ ‘Game of Thrones’ at Emmys: Watch
- The Very Definition of “The Spins”: Paratrooper’s Line Fails During Training Jump