Womp Womp! Buffalo Springfield Reunion Likely Over
In 1976, Neil Young delivered Stephen Stills word of his departure from The Stills-Young Band by a telegram with the following message:
“Dear Stephen, funny how some things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach. Neil.”
It appears the same fate has befallen Stills and Buffalo Springfield bandmate Richie Furay, sans dramatic telegram, in regards to the reunion they hoped to venture on this year.
After the band performed together at 2010’s Bridge School Benefit, they embarked on a six-date theater tour of California before performing at Bonnaroo, which led many to believe Buffalo Springfield was well on its way to a reunion.
And that was the case, but 2011 tour plans were postponed until 2012, and now, as Neil works with another band from his past, Crazy Horse, it looks like Buffalo Springfield will be put on the shelf indefinitely.
“Neil is just fickle and even though it boils down to all three of us making a decision,” says Richie Furay. “Without the three of us, really there can’t be anything that would even resemble a Buffalo Springfield… I gotta say that we probably lost a little bit of our momentum; that isn’t to say it couldn’t be picked up again, but I certainly don’t see anything happening this year.”
Exactly what does the future hold for Buffalo Springfield? There’s no way of knowing when Neil Young is in the fray.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Pink Floyd Release Third ‘The Endless River’ Teaser: Watch
- 10 Best Robert Plant Songs Outside of Led Zeppelin
- Watch Every On-Screen Death From The Original ‘Star Wars’ Trilogy In Under 3 Minutes
- Billie Joe Armstrong, Alice Cooper Headline Joan Jett Tribute for Little Kids Rock
- Bob Dylan Shares 1967 Recording of ‘900 Miles From My Home': Listen
- Kids Cry Tears of Joy Upon Return of Missing Cat
- 50 Years Later, NY Knicks’ Willis Reed’s Epic Fight Is Still Epic
- #ThrowbackThursday Interview: Smokey Robinson Describes The Concert Experience
- Single Again: Survivor – ‘Eye of the Tiger’
- Ultimate Selfie Fail Caught On Camera