Most people are lucky if they get cake and a card for their birthday. But than again, most people aren’t The Beatles.
Liverpool is going all out in 2012 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the formation of The Beatles by hosting a series of events that will take us to the end of this year.
Well, before December 21st, anyway. Save us, John Cusack!
Now before you freak out and give yourself a heart attack by screaming, “The Beatles formed in 1960 AARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!,” let us remind you we are recognizing the Fab Four with Ringo Starr, who took over duties on drums from Pete Best in 1962.
“This is a hugely significant year in the history of The Beatles and it’s one Liverpool couldn’t let pass by without a huge celebration,” said Liverpool city council leader Joe Anderson in a statement. Anderson also mention the events will bring more visitors to the city, which means they are definitely looking to make a few bucks on the year-long party.
The city council and several other organizations are behind the effort, which already has several events planned.
- June 16: The tribute group Wings over Liverpool will perform a special show honoring Paul McCartney‘s 70th birthday, which actually takes place two days later.
- June 22 and 23: The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra will perform the songs of John Lennon and McCartney.
- August 18: The 50th anniversary of Starr joining the group will be celebrated at Hulme Hall.
- August 19: The Cavern Club will mark the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ first concert with Starr.
- August 22-28: International Beatles Week will be held, and will focus on the milestone.
- November 12-December 1: A new one-man play titled EPSTEIN, about late Beatles manager Brian Epstein, will run at the recently rechristened Epstein Theatre.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Artists Pay Respects to Gregg Allman
- Gregg Allman Dead at 69
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- Grateful Dead, Monkees Highlight Summer of Love Vinyl Reissues
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism
- CBS-FM’s Memorial Day Weekend Top 500 of the ’70s & ’80s
- 225-Member Choir Honors Chris Cornell with ‘Black Hole Sun’
- Shannon in the Morning’s Summer Blast Off 2017 | Live from the Jersey Shore!
- Win Tickets To ‘The Big Sick’ Comedy Tour
- NYC Consumer Affairs Commissioner Lorelei Salas Is Combating Predatory Lending In The Used Car Industry