Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Watch Stephen Colbert’s All-Star Goodbye to ‘The Colbert Report’
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- George Harrison, Bee Gees to Receive GRAMMY Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, ABBA Among 2015 GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inductees
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- An Animated Questlove Chases Patti LaBelle and Fried Chicken: Watch
- Watch Stephen Colbert Attempt to Sell Michael Stipe at a Yard Sale
- Derby The Disabled Dog Learns How To Run On 3D Printed Legs
- Joan Jett to Open for The Who
- Cyclist Collides with Deer, Cyclist Wins