Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets For Van Halen In Concert
- Win Tickets To The Film “Little Boy”
- Motley Crue Think More Bands Should Do Retirement Contracts
- The Replacements Have Recorded New Songs, Planning Box Sets
- The Making of Processed Deli Meat Will Make You Think Twice at the Deli Counter
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Sequels Are Coming in 2017, 2018
- Bruce Springsteen to Honor Pete Townshend at Benefit Concert
- Billy Joel Will Play New York’s Nassau Coliseum’s Final Show
- Right Said Fred of ‘I’m Too Sexy’ Fame Are 9/11 Truthers
- Win Tickets For James Taylor At Forest Hills Stadium