Get Tickets: CBS-FM's #HolidayInBrooklyn | On Sale Now

Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.

The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.

The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.

Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.

For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.

More on Whitney Houston from WCBSFM.com!

Latest from WCBSFM.com >

Comments

1. kathyrn grieco says:

RIP Miss Whitney, you shall sing amongst the angels in perfect peace. You are missed. Sincerely, Kathryn g.

2. A Sad day for us. The cause of death for singer Whitney Houston was still unknown for Bobby Brown when she was 48. Tonight, Saving all my love & Shocking what love can do will be two request to say how sorry in the u.s. And new York about Bobby’s loss. Voice broken.

3. Mary says:

R.I.P. Whitney. You will be missed.

4. Mary Shaw says:

I never saw her in concert, I would have loved too, loved her music and and she was beautiful, How sad, how young!!! Was it drugs? I knew she was going downhill and hoping she would get over it and be well!!! RIP Whitney

5. Roberta says:

Peace to Whitney and her family. Whitney had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard and it will live on forever.

6. Olukotun Omotolani Law says:

Whitney is finally getting some rest now in the bosom of the almighty, she feels no pain because he is in a better place. My sympathy is with you in this your time of grieving, R.I.P Whitney.

7. Richard T, NYC says:

What terrible loss and heartbreak. I pray for and send my most sincere condolences to the family-

8. Ada Bauer says:

I was sad to here of Whitney passing. She was a beautiful person with a voice of a Angel.My heart felt sorrow to the Houston family especially Sissy and Bobby Christiana I too lost someone I love over a year ago and It still feels like yesterday. Just remmeber the good things about her. Her pure and lovely voice. She will be missed but,not forgotten.
    Ada B.