Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- New Apps Let You Sing with John Lennon, Sit with Paul McCartney
- Beth Stern And The Story Behind Yoda The Miracle Cat
- Morrissey Storms Off Stage in Poland After Heckler Makes Him Feel ‘Unsafe’
- Comedian’s Celebrity Impressions While Stuck in Traffic Are Spot On
- This Looks Safe: Man Builds Backyard Motorcycle Swing FTW
- Watch The World’s Tiniest Guard Dog Foil a Robbery
- Enter to Win: Mariah at The Beacon
- Every Queen Song, Ranked
- Art Garfunkel Remembers Director Mike Nichols
- Matt Czuchry from CBS’ ‘The Good Wife’ on the Big Show Star Phone