Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Joan Jett And The Blackhearts Performing At CBS-FM’s Saturday In The Park – August 22
- Lionel Richie’s ‘Hello’ Music Video Without Music is Unsettling and Creepy
- The Human League’s ‘Don’t You Want Me’ Has Too Many Words
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: July 31, 2015
- Win Tickets To The Premiere Of “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.”
- Win Tickets For Joe Walsh In Concert
- Prince Drops Surprise Track ‘Stare’
- Ricky Martin to Kick Off U.S. Tour in September
- U2 Are the Subjects of Two Upcoming HBO Specials