Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- ‘The Osbournes’ Aren’t Coming Back After All
- This Baltimore Protester Dancing to Michael Jackson May Make Your Morning a Little Better
- Watch Robert Downey Jr Get Very Emotional About Bacon with Jimmy Fallon
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: April 28, 2015
- John Stamos Calls Out Olsen Twins for Saying They Weren’t Told About ‘Fuller House’ Reboot
- Watch Sesame Street’s ‘Avengers’ Parody
- Bell Biv DeVoe Reunited on ‘Lip Sync Battle,’ Thanks to Michael Strahan: Watch
- Radio.com Minimation: The Rolling Stones’ ‘New Guy’ Ron Wood on Joining the Band
- Paul McCartney Announces First U.S. Headlining Show of 2015
- Social Media Explained… for the Elders of Our Great Society