Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Band Who Played Bedside for SXSW Car Crash Victim Gets Opening Gig for Barry Gibb
- Listen to a New Bruce Springsteen Song, ‘Hurry Up Sundown’
- Watch This Father Let His 6-Year-Old Son Ride His Motorcycle
- 79-Year-Old Grandma Amazes ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ Crowd
- Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant’s Safety Speech Leaves Passengers Laughing Hysterically
- Watch These Excavators Play A Huge Game Of Jenga
- VOTE: Chicago’s Greatest Songs Of All Time
- AC/DC Not Breaking Up After All, Despite Member’s Illness
- Brooklyn Nets Usher Amazes Crowd With Performance Of National Anthem
- Courtney Love Doesn’t Like Bruce Springsteen’s Music Because…