Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married In France
- John Lennon’s Killer Says He’s ‘Sorry For Being Such An Idiot’
- ZZ Top Cancels Shows After Bassist Falls, Injures Hip
- Jack White, Eddie Vedder & Paul Simon All Went to the Same Mariners Game: See the Epic Group Photo
- Lady Gaga Joins Queen and Adam Lambert for “Another One Bites the Dust” Live: Watch
- Morrissey Laments Media Coverage of Robin Williams That ‘Overshadowed’ Lauren Bacall’s Death
- Ray Davies Denies ‘Mojo’ Report About a 2015 Kinks Reunion
- Bob Dylan Announces Fall North American Tour
- Jeff Bridges ‘Live’ Tracklist Includes Covers of the Byrds, Townes Van Zandt and – Of Course – Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Enter To Win: History of the Eagles At The Garden