Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Paul McCartney Releases Alternate Video for Michael Jackson Duet ‘Say, Say, Say’
- Dee Sinder Asks Paul Stanley: Why do You Have to be Such a D**k?
- Instagram Turns 5, Who Makes The Top 10?
- Listen to a Bit of the New David Bowie Song, ‘BLACKSTAR’
- Barbra Streisand Wants Lady Gaga to Star In Her ‘Gypsy’ Re-Make, Per John Travolta
- David Lee Roth Mocks Bono, Bon Jovi
- Watch the Trailer for HBO’s New Series ‘Vinyl’ from Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger
- Dead and Co. Announce Free Concert at MSG
- Jon Bon Jovi Honors NJ High School Footballer Who Died On the Field
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: October 5, 2015