Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Turn Down For What: Old Man Throws Down Crutches, Sweet Dance Moves
- Charlie The Dog Apologizes To Baby After Stealing Toy
- Gene Simmons Defends the 1 Percent, Claims Half of Americans Pay No Taxes: ‘Try Being Nice to Rich People’
- Watch Eddie Vedder’s Poignant Cover of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’
- Paul Shaffer Fills Us In On Tonight’s “MacArthur Park Night” On Letterman
- Watch Weird Al Take on Corporate Jargon, Crosby Stills & Nash with ‘Mission Statement’
- Stream ‘Hypnotic Eye,’ the New Album from Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- Weird Al Gets An Email from the ‘Prince’ of Nigeria, Throws Up Next to Christian Slater in ‘Lame Claim to Fame’ Music Video: Watch
- Watch Weird Al Lament Cold Showers, WiFi Troubles in Pixies-Esque ‘First World Problems’ Music Video
- Michael Rapaport Talks NY vs LA + New Rom Com “My Man Is A Loser”