Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Help Us Swing Into the Holidays With New H&M Commercial: Watch
- America… Heck Yeah! Experience Freedom While Bald Eagle Gives You A Real Bird’s Eye View
- Enter to Win: The Hit Men Holiday Show
- Prince Decides He Doesn’t Want an Internet Presence Anymore
- Joni Mitchell Nixed Biopic Because of Taylor Swift’s Involvement
- ‘Being Brad Blanks': A Red Carpet Interview About John Malkovich’s Study of the Octopus
- Stew Leonard Says His 37lb Turkey Doesn’t Use Performance Enhancing Drugs
- Aretha Franklin Says Unauthorized ‘Respect’ Biography is ‘Full of Lies’
- AC/DC’s New Album, ‘Rock or Bust,’ Is Now Streaming
- Bob Dylan Played a Show for 1 Fan Yesterday