Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To See RAIN: A Tribute To The Beatles
- Win Tickets To See Spandau Ballet In Concert
- Ringo Starr Announces New Album ‘Postcards from Paradise’
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath: Geezer Butler Arrested for Death Valley Bar Fight
- Brian Wilson’s New Album to Feature Zooey Deschanel, Kacey Musgraves, fun.’s Nate Ruess
- Lena Dunham Engaged? Not Until Gay Marriage Is Legal in Every State
- Tim McGraw to Perform Glen Campbell’s ‘I’m Not Gonna Miss You’ at Oscars
- This Is What 34,000 Iceholes Look Like
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 29, 2015