Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- For Some Reason the World’s Fastest Drummer Is Challenging ‘Whiplash’ Drummer
- Haulin Oats Earns Hall & Oates Lawsuit, But Garfunkel & Oates Get a Pass?
- Prince Announces Hit & Run Tour with Pop-Up Shows Across U.S.
- Jack White Bought Elvis Presley’s First Recording, Plans to Reissue for Record Store Day
- David Crosby’s Wrath Rains Down on Kanye West, Jim Morrison
- 5 Harrison Ford Close Calls in Movies
- The Inevitable Star Wars Related Tweets About Harrison Ford’s Plane Crash
- Watch and Learn, Chappie: 10 Robots that Saved the World
- Resident Pilot Dan Taylor Reacts To Harrison Ford’s Plane Crash
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: March 6, 2015