Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- 7 Things We Learned About Kansas From Rich Williams and Phil Ehart’s Reddit AMA
- Neurotic City: 5 Times Prince Has Acted Ponderously Purple
- Madonna Blames Her Cape for BRITs Fall, But She’s Fine
- ‘Mayhem’ Dean Winters Turned Down Allstate Job Three Times, Begins New Role In Vince Gilligan’s ‘Battle Creek’
- Steven Schirripa Breaks Down His Version of The Sopranos Final Scene
- Model Alessandra Ambrosio Talks Up the ‘Victoria’s Secret Swim Special’ with Scott Shannon
- Watch Paul Dano & John Cusack Transform Into Brian Wilson in ‘Love & Mercy’ Trailer
- Former Pearl Jam Drummer Wanted in Texas on Drug Charges
- Bobbi Kristina Brown to Be Removed from Medically Induced Coma
- The Joshua Tree Made Famous by U2 Has Been Vandalized