Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Morrissey Calls Bodyguard’s Claims He Ordered a Hit on Fan Site Owner a ‘Vexatious Lie’
- Smokey Robinson Recruits Mary J. Blige for ‘Being Without You': Listen
- Q&A: Graham Nash Captures an Historical Moment With ‘CSNY 1974′
- Brad Blanks On the Sharknado 2 Red Carpet w/ Ian Ziering
- Traaaaain! This Video Should Convince You To Stay OFF the Tracks!
- Little Girl Doesn’t Want Her Baby Brother To Grow Up
- ‘The Bachelorette’ Finds Her Man, Breaks Hearts In Her Wake
- Watch Out, Brad Blanks Just Got His Driver’s License
- Vote for Joe Causi as Staten Island’s Favorite Radio Personality
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’