Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Sinead O’Connor Lashes Out at Family in Bizarre Facebook Post
- Cyber Monday Music Deals—From Taylor Swift to Queen, Save on CDs
- Boxing’s New Heavyweight Champ Celebrates with KO of Aerosmith’s ‘I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing’
- Dee Snider Reveals Why It’s Cool For Donald Trump to Use ‘We’re Not Gonna Take It’ on Campaign Trail
- Bruce Springsteen’s Box Sets: Ranked
- Win A Disney Holiday Gift Basket
- Win Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection
- Congrats To Food Network’s ‘Chopped’ Winner, Dafna Mizrahi
- Win Passes To The NYC Premiere of ‘Daddy’s Home’
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: November 30, 2015