Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To See Jay Leno
- Sam Smith Must Pay Tom Petty Songwriting Royalties for ‘Stay With Me’
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 26, 2015
- Win A Year’s Supply Of Natural Choice Dog Food
- This Week In History: “Little” Stevie Wonder, Rose Royce and Hall & Oates
- SkyMall Declares Bankruptcy, But Its Craziest Products Live On
- Bob Dylan Treating 50,000 AARP Members to His New Album
- ELO’s ‘Strange Magic': 8 Great Electric Light Orchestra Song Placements in Movies
- Rick Springfield Declares the Trial Over His Butt is Over
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 23, 2015