Superstar Whitney Houston Dead at 48
Singer, actress, and producer Whitney Houston has died at the age of forty-eight.
The details surrounding the cause and location of her death are still unknown, says publicist Kristen Foster, but sources close to TMZ says the songstress was found at the Beverly Hilton hotel and a police crime lab vehicle was spotted outside.
The Queen of Pop is the most awarded female act of all time, having amassed a total of 415 awards over her career, including two Emmy Awards, six GRAMMY Awards, thirty Billboard Music Awards, and twenty-two American Music Awards.
Know as “The Voice” by many, the singer has been troubled by drug use and a turbulent relationship with fellow singer Bobby Brown over the past decade, tarnishing the “good girl” image she built during the 1980s and most of the ’90s.
For more up to the up-to-the-minute news on the death of Whitney Houston, check out CBS LA.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Joni Mitchell May Have Had a Brain Aneurysm
- Bob Saget Will Be Part of the ‘Fuller House’ Reunion
- Cameron Crowe’s Best and Worst Films
- U2 Turn Back the Clock with Epic L.A. Club Show
- Uptown Funk: The American Sign Language Version
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: May 29, 2015
- Bruce Springsteen, Joan Jett, Roger Daltrey Pay Tribute to Pete Townshend at MusiCares Event
- Win Tickets To See Daryl Hall & John Oates In Concert
- Win Tickets To The Screening Of “Jurassic World”
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch