Six Groups Added to 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has expanded the Class of 2012, including six groups which were voted on by a special committee.
The Crickets, the Comets, the Miracles, the Blue Caps, the Famous Flames and the Midnighters will join the previously included members of the class at the ceremony on on April 14th in Cleveland.
The decision was made by a special committee to include the bands that already had their lead singers enshrined.
The Crickets backed Buddy Holly for some time in the 1950s, with their first hit record “That’ll Be the Day” being released in 1957. They have continued to record music after his death and into the 21st century.
“It’s a real honor to take our place among all those great rock and rollers,” said guitarist Sonny Curtis.
The other inductees who will now join their former lead singers are The Comets (performed with Bill Haley), the Miracles (Smokey Robinson’s group), the Famous Flames (backed James Brown), the Midnighters (Hank Ballard), and the Blue Caps (played with Gene Vincent).
“There had always been conversations about why the groups weren’t included when the lead singers were inducted,” stated Tony Stewart, CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The six additional bands will join [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beastie Boys[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Donovan[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Guns N’ Roses[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Laura Nyro[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Red Hot Chili Peppers[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Small Faces[/lastfm]/[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Faces[/lastfm] in the Class of 2012.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: Simon & Garfunkel, The Brothers Johnson & Paul McCartney
- Joni Mitchell May Have Had a Brain Aneurysm
- Bob Saget Will Be Part of the ‘Fuller House’ Reunion
- Cameron Crowe’s Best and Worst Films
- U2 Turn Back the Clock with Epic L.A. Club Show
- Uptown Funk: The American Sign Language Version
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: May 29, 2015
- Bruce Springsteen, Joan Jett, Roger Daltrey Pay Tribute to Pete Townshend at MusiCares Event
- Win Tickets To See Daryl Hall & John Oates In Concert
- Win Tickets To The Screening Of “Jurassic World”