Six Groups Added to 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has expanded the Class of 2012, including six groups which were voted on by a special committee.
The Crickets, the Comets, the Miracles, the Blue Caps, the Famous Flames and the Midnighters will join the previously included members of the class at the ceremony on on April 14th in Cleveland.
The decision was made by a special committee to include the bands that already had their lead singers enshrined.
The Crickets backed Buddy Holly for some time in the 1950s, with their first hit record “That’ll Be the Day” being released in 1957. They have continued to record music after his death and into the 21st century.
“It’s a real honor to take our place among all those great rock and rollers,” said guitarist Sonny Curtis.
The other inductees who will now join their former lead singers are The Comets (performed with Bill Haley), the Miracles (Smokey Robinson’s group), the Famous Flames (backed James Brown), the Midnighters (Hank Ballard), and the Blue Caps (played with Gene Vincent).
“There had always been conversations about why the groups weren’t included when the lead singers were inducted,” stated Tony Stewart, CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The six additional bands will join [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Beastie Boys[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Donovan[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Guns N’ Roses[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Laura Nyro[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Red Hot Chili Peppers[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Small Faces[/lastfm]/[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Faces[/lastfm] in the Class of 2012.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Gregg Allman Announces 2015 Spring Tour
- Michael Moore Responds to ‘Haters,’ Points Out His Support for Troops
- Win Tickets To See Jay Leno
- Sam Smith Must Pay Tom Petty Songwriting Royalties for ‘Stay With Me’
- Get Out Of The Cold And Head For The Islands With Norwegian Cruise Line!
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: January 26, 2015
- Win A Year’s Supply Of Natural Choice Dog Food
- This Week In History: “Little” Stevie Wonder, Rose Royce and Hall & Oates
- SkyMall Declares Bankruptcy, But Its Craziest Products Live On
- Bob Dylan Treating 50,000 AARP Members to His New Album