We’re all aware the Western world is gearing up for military strikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities in the name of regional (in)stability, security and the suppression of terr-rists. It’s a noble cause, it is. But Madonna fans in the promised land are asking their dear leader to hold off on the inevitable third Middle Eastern war, not because “war is unhealthy for children and other living things” – nope, it’s so they can safely see the Material Girl on tour when she rolls through Israel.
Hey, at least they have their priorities straight.
With all of the talk lately of Iran’s plans to build (or not build, or maybe build, but not really build) a nuclear weapon, and the all too familiar response from their government (and ours) of pre-emptive strikes, drills, troop movements and more – some of the country’s population is feeling a bit nervous about a coming attack – and they’re asking their PM, Benjamin Netanyahu, to cool his boots for a little while.
No, it’s not because they’re afraid of being hit by rockets and mortars – it’s because they don’t want to miss out on Madge’s planned tour stop in Tel Aviv on May 29th.
There’s even a Facebook page named “Bibi don’t start a war with Iran until after Madonna’s show on May 29“ dedicated to the pop music postponement and it’s been slowly gaining traction. It’s set up in Hebrew, but you can read some of the juiciest comments in English.
This may seem somewhat trivial to you, because it really, really is… but Israeli’s are starting to get used to their favorite musical acts skipping their little slice of Earth due to political turmoil. [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Pixies[/lastfm] canceled a show in country due to the Israeli military’s handling of the “Freedom Flotilla,” which resulted in nine civilian deaths. Also, back in 2006, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Depeche Mode[/lastfm] cancelled its planned show in Tel Aviv during Israel’s second war with Lebanon and the [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Red Hot Chili Peppers[/lastfm] also bowed out of a planned show in 2001 due to security issues.
Basically, bands don’t like playing in cities that have a huge red target on them, so, in order to make sure Madonna feels comfortable enough to play, they’re asking for this tiny, little favor.
What do YOU think of all this hubbub? Sound off in the comments section below…
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Ted Nugent Upset over ‘Old Withered Madonna’s’ White House Comments
- Pink Floyd’s ‘Animals’ at 40: A Look Back at Their Most Underrated Album
- Mott the Hoople Bassist Pete Overend Watts Dies at 69
- The Kinks’ Ray Davies Releases ‘Poetry’ with the Jayhawks
- Rod Stewart and Cyndi Lauper Announce Summer Tour
- Lance Bass Shares an ‘Alternative Fact’ About Betty White
- Madonna Says Her Quotes at D.C. Rally were Taken ‘Wildly Out of Context’
- Win Tickets To See Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers At Forest Hills Stadium
- This Week In History: The Beatles, ‘We Are the World,’ 24-Hrs of Zeppelin, Billy Joel, and More
- Win Passes To A Screening Of ‘John Wick: Chapter 2’