The blind auditions continue on The Voice (aka “My New Guilty Pleasure”) and so far we’ve been treated to a cover of a signature song from one of CBS-FM’s favorite artists during each of the first two nights.
For the record, my finger didn’t get stuck on the Shift key. It’s THE LiNE.
One of Petty’s signature songs, “American Girl” was given a little country flavor and impressed all four of the coaches.
The pair, consisting of Hailey Steele and Leland Grant, met when Grant hit on Steele at a bar, but was shot down. The two did get to talking though, and realized they shared a love for music and began writing songs together.
Solid consolation prize, right Leland?
Now THE LiNE is apart of Cee Lo Green‘s team after having their pick of all four coaches.
How do you think THE LiNE will fair during the competition? How do you feel about their cover of “American Girl?”
Let us know in the comments section below?
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets to Raceway Park’s NHRA Toyota Summernationals
- Win Tickets To See The Turtles
- Aretha Franklin Postpones Tour To July
- Jon Bon Jovi To Justin Bieber: ‘You’re an a**hole’
- Bowie Bassist Trevor Bolder Dies At 62
- Director Brett Morgen Talks Rolling Stones Doc ‘Crossfire Hurricane’
- Producer Steve Lillywhite Attributes U2 Connection To Ian Curtis Death
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Brings ‘Satisfaction’ To Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame
- 14-Year-Old Girl Shreds Van Halen’s ‘Eruption’ Solo
- From Donna Summer To Daft Punk, Giorgio Moroder Transcends Generations At First DJ Set In Brooklyn