“American Girl” Gets a Makeover on The Voice
The blind auditions continue on The Voice (aka “My New Guilty Pleasure”) and so far we’ve been treated to a cover of a signature song from one of CBS-FM’s favorite artists during each of the first two nights.
For the record, my finger didn’t get stuck on the Shift key. It’s THE LiNE.
One of Petty’s signature songs, “American Girl” was given a little country flavor and impressed all four of the coaches.
The pair, consisting of Hailey Steele and Leland Grant, met when Grant hit on Steele at a bar, but was shot down. The two did get to talking though, and realized they shared a love for music and began writing songs together.
Solid consolation prize, right Leland?
Now THE LiNE is apart of Cee Lo Green‘s team after having their pick of all four coaches.
How do you think THE LiNE will fair during the competition? How do you feel about their cover of “American Girl?”
Let us know in the comments section below?
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Ferguson Native Michael McDonald Speaks Out on Mike Brown Shooting, Whites vs. Blacks Being Killed
- Taylor Swift’s 1989: An Odd Year for Pop Music 25 Years Ago
- Roger Waters’ ‘The Wall Live Tour’ Gets the Documentary Treatment
- U2 Album Still Rumored for 2014, Featuring Multiple Big-Name Producers
- Listen: Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Duet on ‘I Can’t Give You Anything But Love’
- Jim James, Marcus Mumford, Elvis Costello & More Take on Bob Dylan’s ‘Nothing to It’
- Leonard Cohen Announces New Album, Drops ‘Almost Like the Blues’
- John Mellencamp Ditches Rock Star Image on New Single ‘Troubled Man’
- It’s So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday: Little Girl Let’s Her Pacifier Go Bye Bye
- ‘My Paperback Sharona’ Is The Beatles And The Knack Mashup We All Need