“American Girl” Gets a Makeover on The Voice
The blind auditions continue on The Voice (aka “My New Guilty Pleasure”) and so far we’ve been treated to a cover of a signature song from one of CBS-FM’s favorite artists during each of the first two nights.
For the record, my finger didn’t get stuck on the Shift key. It’s THE LiNE.
One of Petty’s signature songs, “American Girl” was given a little country flavor and impressed all four of the coaches.
The pair, consisting of Hailey Steele and Leland Grant, met when Grant hit on Steele at a bar, but was shot down. The two did get to talking though, and realized they shared a love for music and began writing songs together.
Solid consolation prize, right Leland?
Now THE LiNE is apart of Cee Lo Green‘s team after having their pick of all four coaches.
How do you think THE LiNE will fair during the competition? How do you feel about their cover of “American Girl?”
Let us know in the comments section below?
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Taylor Swift & Beyonce Are Among Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women
- Paul McCartney Actually Played ‘Temporary Secretary’ & Sang with Dave Grohl Over the Weekend
- Neil Young Premieres Tracklist, ‘American Gothic’-Inspired Album Artwork of ‘The Monsanto Years’
- Watch a Previously Unseen TV Interview with Jerry Garcia
- B.B. King’s Daughters Allege He Was Poisoned, Lawyer Says That’s ‘Ridiculous’
- Radio.com Minimation: Slash Performs with Michael Jackson, But Doesn’t Dance
- DA of the Day: Woman Empties Safe, Hits Self in Head with Bowling Ball
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: May 26, 2015
- Win Tickets For Gladys Knight and The Spinners
- Win Dinner Aboard Spirit Cruises