“American Girl” Gets a Makeover on The Voice
The blind auditions continue on The Voice (aka “My New Guilty Pleasure”) and so far we’ve been treated to a cover of a signature song from one of CBS-FM’s favorite artists during each of the first two nights.
For the record, my finger didn’t get stuck on the Shift key. It’s THE LiNE.
One of Petty’s signature songs, “American Girl” was given a little country flavor and impressed all four of the coaches.
The pair, consisting of Hailey Steele and Leland Grant, met when Grant hit on Steele at a bar, but was shot down. The two did get to talking though, and realized they shared a love for music and began writing songs together.
Solid consolation prize, right Leland?
Now THE LiNE is apart of Cee Lo Green‘s team after having their pick of all four coaches.
How do you think THE LiNE will fair during the competition? How do you feel about their cover of “American Girl?”
Let us know in the comments section below?
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Multiple Major Labels Sue Pandora Over Classic Hits
- John Lennon And Yoko Ono Perfectly Describe Love In Animated Interview
- Pearl Jam, Lorde, Eminem & OutKast to Headline Austin City Limits Music Festival
- This Drone Brings You Closer To A Fireworks Display Than Ever Before
- NASA Wants You To Kill Trees And Snap A #GlobalSelfie For Earth Day
- Stowaway Teen Flies To Hawaii Clinging To Landing Gear After Breaching A Fence At San Jose Airport
- Listen: Prince’s Surprise New Single ‘The Breakdown’
- You Won’t Believe What This Magician Is Capable Of On ‘Britain’s Got Talent’
- Air Canada Baggage Handler Lets Gravity Do His Job For Him So He Doesn’t Have To
- Genius Ape Lights Fires, Roasts Marshmallows, And Flips Burgers