The blind auditions continue on The Voice (aka “My New Guilty Pleasure”) and so far we’ve been treated to a cover of a signature song from one of CBS-FM’s favorite artists during each of the first two nights.
For the record, my finger didn’t get stuck on the Shift key. It’s THE LiNE.
One of Petty’s signature songs, “American Girl” was given a little country flavor and impressed all four of the coaches.
The pair, consisting of Hailey Steele and Leland Grant, met when Grant hit on Steele at a bar, but was shot down. The two did get to talking though, and realized they shared a love for music and began writing songs together.
Solid consolation prize, right Leland?
Now THE LiNE is apart of Cee Lo Green‘s team after having their pick of all four coaches.
How do you think THE LiNE will fair during the competition? How do you feel about their cover of “American Girl?”
Let us know in the comments section below?
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Do Better Looks Mean Better Grades For High School Students?
- Live: Rod Stewart Brings Vegas to Madison Square Garden
- Queen Biopic Finds its Star in Ben Whishaw
- The Star Wars Saga As Told By Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- Mr. G’s Tuesday Forecast: 2-5 Inches Of Snow Expected
- Turntable Tuesday: ‘Kung Fu Fighting’ Attacks The Top Of The Music Charts
- With Help from Springsteen, Nirvana & Vedder, Jake Clemons Steps Into the Spotlight
- Elton John Plays Russia Despite Anti-Gay Laws
- 5 Offbeat Ways To Celebrate The Holidays