“American Girl” Gets a Makeover on The Voice
The blind auditions continue on The Voice (aka “My New Guilty Pleasure”) and so far we’ve been treated to a cover of a signature song from one of CBS-FM’s favorite artists during each of the first two nights.
For the record, my finger didn’t get stuck on the Shift key. It’s THE LiNE.
One of Petty’s signature songs, “American Girl” was given a little country flavor and impressed all four of the coaches.
The pair, consisting of Hailey Steele and Leland Grant, met when Grant hit on Steele at a bar, but was shot down. The two did get to talking though, and realized they shared a love for music and began writing songs together.
Solid consolation prize, right Leland?
Now THE LiNE is apart of Cee Lo Green‘s team after having their pick of all four coaches.
How do you think THE LiNE will fair during the competition? How do you feel about their cover of “American Girl?”
Let us know in the comments section below?
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Keith Richards Pokes Fun at Led Zeppelin, The Who
- Neil Young to Release Live ‘Bluenotes’ Album
- Steven Van Zandt Talks Darlene Love, The Sopranos with Scott Shannon
- Nilsson Fans Record Song to ‘Put Harry in the Hall’
- Vladimir Putin is the Greatest Hockey Player in the World
- Watch the Trailer for Rush’s ‘R40 Live’
- Bob Dylan Calls Writer ‘Scurrilous Little Wretch’ In Letter For Satirizing His Mother
- Billy Idol to Join Duff McKagan, Kesha for Cancer Benefit
- Tom Petty Admits to Being a Heroin Addict in the 1990s
- Yes, Deep Purple, the Cars Lead Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees