And if you did, you were treated to a phenomenal cover of The Beatles‘ “Oh! Darling.”
I know what you’re thinking.
“Someone covered The Beatles? That’s a bunch of… I can’t believe… there’s no way… rabble rabble rabble…”
But just give Juliet Simms a chance. Her bluesy, raspy voice is very reminiscent of Janis Joplin (in my opinion) and will give The Voice a much needed injection of rock ‘n’ roll.Vodpod videos no longer available.
Simms, who hails from San Francisco but sings for the Tampa based rock band Automatic Loveletter, has the voice, the look, and certainly added some soul to the show. But hey, what do I know? I only write for a music website everyday.
But Miss Juliet had coaches Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green, and Christina Aguilera at each others throats vying for her to be on their team.
“That is a really, really hard vocal. It’s always been a song I can’t sing because I don’t have that kind of gruffness. And the dirt in your voice is so incredible, there are very few people who can do that,” Levine said.
But tons of praise from Levine wouldn’t be enough for Simms. Cee Lo’s charm certainly won her over.
“Baby, I am so thoroughly impressed and in awe of you, you turn me on. Your voice is amazing. I heard myself, I heard the story of my life. You look great, I love your style, I love your energy.”
The Blind Auditions continue on The Voice tonight at 8pm on NBC.
What did you think of Juliet Simms’ cover of “Oh! Darling?”
Let us know in the comments section below!
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Sharon Osbourne Discusses Ozzy’s Many Affairs
- John Lennon’s Murderer is Denied Parole, Again
- Bono Visits Nigerian Refugee Camp to Highlight Malnutrition Dangers
- Mariah Carey’s Sister Arrested for Prostitution
- Win A Trip To Florida With The CBS-FM Song Of The Day
- Win Tickets To Johnny Rivers and Eric Burdon & The Animals At NYCB Theatre
- This Week In History: The Ronettes, Elvis, Tina Turner, Music Bootlegging, & Fats Domino
- Pearl Jam: How They Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Their Band
- Bruce Springsteen Helps Fan Pop The Question At MetLife Stadium Concert
- Macy Gray Covers Metallica’s ‘Nothing Else Matters’