Kisses On The Bottom is a work born of intense inspiration and affection… and possibly most important of all, fun. The album is a collection of standards Paul McCartney grew up listening to in his childhood as well as two new compositions, “My Valentine” and “Only Our Hearts.”
With the help of GRAMMY Award-winning producer Tommy LiPuma, Diana Krall and her band, as well as guest appearances from Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder, McCartney’s new album is a deeply personal journey through classic American compositions that, in some cases, a young Paul first heard his father perform on piano at home.
[pullquote quote=”I like mischief. It’s good for the soul.”]“I always thought artists like Fred Astaire were very cool. Writers like Harold Arlen, Cole Porter, all of those guys – I just thought the songs were magical. And then, as I got to be a songwriter I thought it’s beautiful, the way they made those songs.”
In the audio clips below, Paul explains how songs featured on Kisses On The Bottom had influenced the songwriting of the Beatles, how it feels to be a British icon and Diana Krall’s influence on Kisses.
How Songs On The Album Influenced Paul & John’s Writing In The Beatles
How Diana Krall Influenced The Album
How It Feels To Be A British Icon
Vodpod videos no longer available.
Paul set to live stream a performance of songs from his new album on Thursday, February 9.
To answer the question on everyone’s mind, the album’s title is not a cheeky reference to the derriere. Rather, the phrase “Kisses On The Bottom” comes from the album’s opener “I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter”. Originally made a hit by Fats Waller in 1935, the song opens with the lines “I’m gonna sit right down and write myself a letter and make believe it came from you/I’m gonna write words oh so sweet/They’re gonna knock me off of my feet/A lot of kisses on the bottom, I’ll be glad I got ’em’.”
Kisses on the Bottom Tracklist:
01. I’m Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
02. Home (When Shadows Fall)
03. It’s Only A Paper Moon
04. More I Cannot Wish You
05. The Glory Of Love
06. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me)
07. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
08. My Valentine (feat. Eric Clapton)
10. My Very Good Friend The Milkman
11. Bye Bye Blackbird
12. Get Yourself Another Fool (feat. Eric Clapton)
13. The Inch Worm
14. Only Our Hearts (feat. Stevie Wonder)
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Queen’s ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ Sets the Tone in New Super Bowl Ad
- A Bob Marley Cannabis Strain Will Be Released on His Birthday
- Madonna Performs ‘Take a Bow’ for the First Time in 20 Years
- Win Tickets To The Play Fair
- Maurice White, Founder of Earth, Wind & Fire, Dead At 74
- Elton John Performs Surprise Piano Medley in London Tube Station
- Watch Mick Jagger Age 50+ Years In Under 5 Minutes
- Kitten Bowl III Has a Halftime Surprise: PUPPIES!
- Watch Audi’s Super Bowl Ad Featuring David Bowie’s ‘Starman’
- Win Tickets To The Rock Hall Three For All Concert