Ringo Starr Shares Secrets and Performs on Conan
Conan O’Brien is more than great laughs and a fantastic head of flowing ginger locks. He also has some of the best musical acts from around the world perform on his late night show, Conan.
Last night might have been one of the best to date, as he had former Beatle Ringo Starr join him on stage 15 in Los Angeles. The two talked about Ringo’s drumming style, why everyone finds him so loveable, getting high in hotel rooms, and much more.
Oh, and Starr performed a few tracks from his latest album, Ringo 2012.
Ringo describes his unique and distinctive rhythm and how many early rock ‘n’ rollers from the States made their way over to England to perform, leaving their mark on the music culture in London.
Why do children love Ringo? Probably because he is so darn loveable.Ringo admits to always acting like a child, which is why kids frequently consider him their BFF.
But something the youngins shouldn’t know about Ringo… he was the first Beatle to try pot. And who was there with the Fab Four as they decided to toke for the first time? Bob Dylan.
Just to be clear… he wasn’t their dealer.
Ringo’s visit on Conan wouldn’t be complete without a performance. His new album, Ringo 2012, was recently released, and the first track he performed on Stage 15 was the re-recorded track “Wings.”
Starr had one more number for Team Coco last night, and he was aided by an extra guitar player for the performance of the Buck Owens classic “Act Naturally.”
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- 7 Things We Want to Learn from Phil Collins’ Autobiography
- Yoko Ono Discusses John Lennon’s Sexuality
- Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Gary Rossington Suffered Heart Attack
- Win A Stay at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions
- Patty Steele’s Emotional Journey with Breast Cancer Detailed in BCA Newsletter
- Police: Florida Woman Streamed Live Video Of Drunken Driving
- Linden Firefighters Give Boy, 12, New Shoes After School Bus Bullying
- Will Ferrell Themed Bar Has Opened In NYC, Your Holiday Party NEEDS To Be There
- Has David Bowie Played His Last Show?
- Steven Tyler Orders Donald Trump To Stop Use of Aerosmith’s ‘Dream On’ During Campaign