The news that album sales for Etta James have leapt 378% in the last week comes as fans both old and new revisit her most famous works after her death. Since January 20, celebrities and music fans alike have been paying their own tributes to the late star.
The graph above (click to enlarge) shows the past month, with an increase in weekly scrobbles from 16,000 to 136,000: altogether a 750% increase in the past week. With the graph still on the way up, it seems likely the trend will continue for some time.
Her tracks also show the same uptick, with “At Last” breaking the million-play mark. With 28 studio albums however, there’s plenty in her catalogue besides for listeners to explore once they’ve gotten past the top of her charts.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Win Tickets To Star Trek: Mission New York
- David Bowie Box Set to Include Lost Album ‘The Gouster’
- Woodstock Trolls Republican National Convention
- Trump Defies The Rolling Stones
- The Beatles’ Long Lost Demo ‘It’s For You’ Found
- Shannon In The Morning Big Show Daily Podcast 7/22/16
- George Harrison’s Estate Blasts Trump for Using ‘Here Comes the Sun’ at RNC
- Listen to David Bowie’s Isolated Vocal Track from ‘Ziggy Stardust’
- Joe Perry to Rejoin Hollywood Vampires Tour
- Bruce Springsteen Preps ‘Expansive’ Solo Album