Last.fm Trends: The Listeners Pour In For Etta James
The news that album sales for Etta James have leapt 378% in the last week comes as fans both old and new revisit her most famous works after her death. Since January 20, celebrities and music fans alike have been paying their own tributes to the late star.
The graph above (click to enlarge) shows the past month, with an increase in weekly scrobbles from 16,000 to 136,000: altogether a 750% increase in the past week. With the graph still on the way up, it seems likely the trend will continue for some time.
Her tracks also show the same uptick, with “At Last” breaking the million-play mark. With 28 studio albums however, there’s plenty in her catalogue besides for listeners to explore once they’ve gotten past the top of her charts.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Cyclist Collides with Deer, Cyclist Wins
- Paul McCartney Talks Video Games with Jon Stewart: Watch
- Madonna Denies Supposed Album Leak As Stolen ‘Unfinished Demos,’ ‘Form of Terrorism’
- Lorde, Skrillex, Rick Astley & Many More Attempt to Write the Greatest Song Ever: Watch
- Craig Wayne Boyd Wins Season 7 of ‘The Voice’
- Denver the Guilty Dog Strikes Again: Holiday Version!
- Sting Sought Childhood Memories as Inspiration for Broadway Role
- Watch a Mashup of Darlene Love’s ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)’ ‘Letterman’ Performances
- Top 14 Quotes from Radio.com’s Video Interviews
- Sting Joins “The Last Ship” On Broadway