Last.fm Trends: The Listeners Pour In For Etta James
The news that album sales for Etta James have leapt 378% in the last week comes as fans both old and new revisit her most famous works after her death. Since January 20, celebrities and music fans alike have been paying their own tributes to the late star.
The graph above (click to enlarge) shows the past month, with an increase in weekly scrobbles from 16,000 to 136,000: altogether a 750% increase in the past week. With the graph still on the way up, it seems likely the trend will continue for some time.
Her tracks also show the same uptick, with “At Last” breaking the million-play mark. With 28 studio albums however, there’s plenty in her catalogue besides for listeners to explore once they’ve gotten past the top of her charts.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- This Week In History: The Song That Trumped “Billie Jean,” “Come On Eileen”
- Jim Breuer Remembers The SNL Revival, Loving Show Business
- Jim Norton Has A Really Weird KISS Fantasy
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Watch the Trailer for ‘Jersey Boys’ Film Directed by Clint Eastwood
- This Orangutan Is Totally Chill After Being Shot, Rescued
- Ex-Mr. Met Says Secret Service Warned Him Of ‘Kill Shot’
- Band Who Played Bedside for SXSW Car Crash Victim Gets Opening Gig for Barry Gibb
- Listen to a New Bruce Springsteen Song, ‘Hurry Up Sundown’
- Watch This Father Let His 6-Year-Old Son Ride His Motorcycle