The news that album sales for Etta James have leapt 378% in the last week comes as fans both old and new revisit her most famous works after her death. Since January 20, celebrities and music fans alike have been paying their own tributes to the late star.
The graph above (click to enlarge) shows the past month, with an increase in weekly scrobbles from 16,000 to 136,000: altogether a 750% increase in the past week. With the graph still on the way up, it seems likely the trend will continue for some time.
Her tracks also show the same uptick, with “At Last” breaking the million-play mark. With 28 studio albums however, there’s plenty in her catalogue besides for listeners to explore once they’ve gotten past the top of her charts.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Prince’s 1987 Concert Movie ‘Sign o’ the Times’ Headed to Showtime
- Mariah Carey Opens Up About Low Self-Esteem
- John Corbett Talks ‘All Saints’ with Shannon in the Morning: “It’s a great little tale”
- Morrissey Details New Album ‘Low in High-School’
- Billy Joel Wears Star of David in Rare Political Statement
- Deed to Eleanor Rigby’s Grave Hits Auction Block
- My Name Is Prince Exhibit to Include Clothes, Guitars & More
- Ozzy Osbourne Performed ‘Bark at the Moon’ During Solar Eclipse
- Freddie Mercury Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Cast Revealed
- Watch Bonnie Tyler Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ with DNCE