Last.fm Trends: The Listeners Pour In For Etta James
The news that album sales for Etta James have leapt 378% in the last week comes as fans both old and new revisit her most famous works after her death. Since January 20, celebrities and music fans alike have been paying their own tributes to the late star.
The graph above (click to enlarge) shows the past month, with an increase in weekly scrobbles from 16,000 to 136,000: altogether a 750% increase in the past week. With the graph still on the way up, it seems likely the trend will continue for some time.
Her tracks also show the same uptick, with “At Last” breaking the million-play mark. With 28 studio albums however, there’s plenty in her catalogue besides for listeners to explore once they’ve gotten past the top of her charts.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Foo Fighters & The Strokes All Set To Headline Austin City Limits 2015, According to Leaked Lineup
- Thanks to ‘SNL,’ Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow Finally Gets Her Own Movie
- Today’s Weather Forecast with John Elliott: May 4, 2015
- Win Tickets For Rick Springfield In Concert
- You Could Win A Walt Disney World Vacation
- This Week In History: The Isley Brothers, Chicago & U2
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July
- ‘Stand by Me': Through the Years, from Ben E. King to Imagine Dragons
- Manny Pacquiao Sings “Sometimes When We Touch” with Dan Hill
- Pete Townshend on The Who’s Live Shows: ‘I Don’t Find Them Fulfilling’