Last.fm Trends: The Listeners Pour In For Etta James
The news that album sales for Etta James have leapt 378% in the last week comes as fans both old and new revisit her most famous works after her death. Since January 20, celebrities and music fans alike have been paying their own tributes to the late star.
The graph above (click to enlarge) shows the past month, with an increase in weekly scrobbles from 16,000 to 136,000: altogether a 750% increase in the past week. With the graph still on the way up, it seems likely the trend will continue for some time.
Her tracks also show the same uptick, with “At Last” breaking the million-play mark. With 28 studio albums however, there’s plenty in her catalogue besides for listeners to explore once they’ve gotten past the top of her charts.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Yoko Ono Won’t Let ISIS & Jihadi John ‘Destroy the Memory of John Lennon’
- ‘Penny Dreadful’ Season Two Finale: Our Guide To Each Character’s Fate
- ‘True Detective’ Season 2, Episode 3 Recap: The White Mask
- Minimation: John Lennon on Sneaking Out to Party During the Beatles’ First U.S. Trip
- Dave Grohl Brings Foo Fighters’ Throne, Sonic Highways to Washington D.C.
- Win Passes For Terminator: Genisys In IMAX
- CBS-FM’s Florida Flyaway To Key West
- Where’s The Best Hot Dog in the Tri-State? Scott Shannon Wants To Know!
- This Week In History: The Beatles, Jean Knight & Heart
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch