2012 GRAMMY Nominees Album To Be Released January 24
The 2012 GRAMMY Nominees album will be released digitally and in stores January 24, 2012. The album features 22 smash hits that represent nominees for many of the most widely recognized GRAMMY categories, including Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Best New Artist, Best Country Album and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. Artists include Adele, Katy Perry, Amy Winehouse and Foster The People.
Universal Republic Records and The Recording Academy have paired together to release the album. This will be the 18th edition of the best-selling collection. A portion of the proceeds from the album benefits the MusiCares Foundation and the GRAMMY Foundation – both of which were established by The Recording Academy.
MusiCares provides services and resources to musicians in need. Programs range from financial assistance to medical aid to senior housing, with a focus on bettering the musical community. The GRAMMY Foundation aims to further the understanding and appreciation of recorded music as a part of American culture. Its programs engage the industry and general public, spotlighting the importance of music in schools and the preservation of our rich heritage, among other issues.
This year’s GRAMMY Awards will take place on Sunday, February 12 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and air on CBS.
2012 GRAMMY Nominees Album Tracklist:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Bruce Springsteen Hadn’t Read ‘The Grapes of Wrath’ Before Writing ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’
- Bob Dylan Announces New Album ‘Shadows in the Night’
- Gene Simmons Shows You How To Perfectly Apply His Demon Make Up On His Daughter Sophie Tweed-Simmons
- Gregg Allman Dismissed from ‘Midnight Rider’ Lawsuit
- Dennis DeYoung Talks Styx’s Greatest Hits + Double CD/DVD Set
- Have a Happy Halloween With “Ajax Mortuary”: Deadliness is Next To Godliness
- Enter to Win: Holiday Doo Wop Extravaganza
- Judge Judy Thanks Viewers with Free Book and New Show
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub
- Elvis Costello Jams with The New Basement Tapes on ‘Kansas City’ Session: Watch