2012 GRAMMY Nominees Album To Be Released January 24
The 2012 GRAMMY Nominees album will be released digitally and in stores January 24, 2012. The album features 22 smash hits that represent nominees for many of the most widely recognized GRAMMY categories, including Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Best New Artist, Best Country Album and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. Artists include Adele, Katy Perry, Amy Winehouse and Foster The People.
Universal Republic Records and The Recording Academy have paired together to release the album. This will be the 18th edition of the best-selling collection. A portion of the proceeds from the album benefits the MusiCares Foundation and the GRAMMY Foundation – both of which were established by The Recording Academy.
MusiCares provides services and resources to musicians in need. Programs range from financial assistance to medical aid to senior housing, with a focus on bettering the musical community. The GRAMMY Foundation aims to further the understanding and appreciation of recorded music as a part of American culture. Its programs engage the industry and general public, spotlighting the importance of music in schools and the preservation of our rich heritage, among other issues.
This year’s GRAMMY Awards will take place on Sunday, February 12 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and air on CBS.
2012 GRAMMY Nominees Album Tracklist:
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- AC/DC Not Breaking Up After All, Despite Member’s Illness
- Brooklyn Nets Usher Amazes Crowd With Performance Of National Anthem
- Courtney Love Doesn’t Like Bruce Springsteen’s Music Because…
- Conductor Kicks Selfie Taker In The Head From Moving Train
- People Interview For The World’s Toughest Job, Get A Surprising Result
- Neil Young’s Pono Kickstarter Raised Over $6 Million
- Rolling Stones Reschedule Australia/New Zealand Dates
- Is This Leonardo DiCaprio Dancing At Coachella?
- Steely Dan to Kick Off U.S. Tour
- AC/DC Might Be Retiring — Or Aren’t They?