Whether it was one of her own songs or covering someone else’s, the sound of Etta James‘ voice was always smooth and unique. Through her career, she’s won over 30 awards from eight different organizations, including six GRAMMY Awards.
We take a look back at some of the music that has touched our lives from the soulful singer over the years.
“I’d Rather Go Blind”
“Something’s Got A Hold Of Me”
“Midnight Hour” with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Chaka Khan, and others.
“I Just Want To Make Love To You”
“Rock n’ Roll Music” with Chuck Berry
“All I Could Do Is Cry”
“Sunday Kind Of Love”
“Trust In Me”
“Oh Happy Day”
“I’ll Fly Away”
“Dance With Me Henry”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Watch this Gorilla Dance to Michael Sembello’s 1983 Hit ‘Maniac’
- Janet Jackson’s Producer Shares Update on Motherhood & Music
- Guns N’ Roses Keep Fans Waiting, for a Good Reason
- Snoop Dogg, Carrie Underwood, Mary J. Blige, Ice-T, Others to Receive Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’
- Chris Cornell’s Passion for Human Rights Honored by George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, More