Whether it was one of her own songs or covering someone else’s, the sound of Etta James‘ voice was always smooth and unique. Through her career, she’s won over 30 awards from eight different organizations, including six GRAMMY Awards.
We take a look back at some of the music that has touched our lives from the soulful singer over the years.
“I’d Rather Go Blind”
“Something’s Got A Hold Of Me”
“Midnight Hour” with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Chaka Khan, and others.
“I Just Want To Make Love To You”
“Rock n’ Roll Music” with Chuck Berry
“All I Could Do Is Cry”
“Sunday Kind Of Love”
“Trust In Me”
“Oh Happy Day”
“I’ll Fly Away”
“Dance With Me Henry”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Keith Richards: ‘On Stage, Sometimes, I Feel Immortal’
- 5 Best Songs on the Rolling Stones’ ‘Blue and Lonesome’
- Victoria’s Secret Model Josephine Skriver on Shannon in the Morning
- Win Tickets To Holiday In Brooklyn From Canon
- Guns N’ Roses Fans Destroy Giant Trump Piñata
- Watch the Rolling Stones New Video for ‘Ride ‘Em on Down’