Whether it was one of her own songs or covering someone else’s, the sound of Etta James‘ voice was always smooth and unique. Through her career, she’s won over 30 awards from eight different organizations, including six GRAMMY Awards.
We take a look back at some of the music that has touched our lives from the soulful singer over the years.
“I’d Rather Go Blind”
“Something’s Got A Hold Of Me”
“Midnight Hour” with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Chaka Khan, and others.
“I Just Want To Make Love To You”
“Rock n’ Roll Music” with Chuck Berry
“All I Could Do Is Cry”
“Sunday Kind Of Love”
“Trust In Me”
“Oh Happy Day”
“I’ll Fly Away”
“Dance With Me Henry”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- John Mellencamp Announces New Album ‘Sad Clowns and Hillbillies’
- ZZ Top Extend Tonnage Tour
- Win Tickets To An Advanced Screening Of ‘The Sense of An Ending’
- Win Passes To The World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition
- Peter Gabriel’s Solo Debut: A Look Back, 40 Years Later
- Sinead O’Connor Apologizes for Accusing Arsenio Hall of Giving Prince Drugs