Whether it was one of her own songs or covering someone else’s, the sound of Etta James‘ voice was always smooth and unique. Through her career, she’s won over 30 awards from eight different organizations, including six GRAMMY Awards.
We take a look back at some of the music that has touched our lives from the soulful singer over the years.
“I’d Rather Go Blind”
“Something’s Got A Hold Of Me”
“Midnight Hour” with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Chaka Khan, and others.
“I Just Want To Make Love To You”
“Rock n’ Roll Music” with Chuck Berry
“All I Could Do Is Cry”
“Sunday Kind Of Love”
“Trust In Me”
“Oh Happy Day”
“I’ll Fly Away”
“Dance With Me Henry”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Prince’s ‘Purple Rain’ Jacket & Ruffled Shirt set for Auction
- The Beatles Debut New Cirque du Soleil Video for ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’
- Aerosmith’s Joey Kramer Talks World Tour
- Deadlines Set for Prince Estate’s DNA Protocol Ruling
- Pink Floyd Studio for ‘The Wall’ Torn Down for Luxury Apartments
- John Mayer, Bob Weir Duet on Dead Classic ‘Friend of the Devil’