Whether it was one of her own songs or covering someone else’s, the sound of Etta James‘ voice was always smooth and unique. Through her career, she’s won over 30 awards from eight different organizations, including six GRAMMY Awards.
We take a look back at some of the music that has touched our lives from the soulful singer over the years.
“I’d Rather Go Blind”
“Something’s Got A Hold Of Me”
“Midnight Hour” with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Chaka Khan, and others.
“I Just Want To Make Love To You”
“Rock n’ Roll Music” with Chuck Berry
“All I Could Do Is Cry”
“Sunday Kind Of Love”
“Trust In Me”
“Oh Happy Day”
“I’ll Fly Away”
“Dance With Me Henry”
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- Chad Smith’s ‘New Boy Band’ Includes Chris Martin, Beck and Jakob Dylan
- Frankie Valli in Studio with Scott Shannon
- Rolling Stones Share New Track ‘Hate To See You Go’
- Foreigner’s Mick Jones to Release Official Band Biography
- Bruce Springsteen Wrote a Song For ‘Harry Potter’ That Was Never Used
- Green Day Down to Play Desert Trip in 30 Years