It’s common pop knowledge that [mp3com-artist]Lady Gaga[/mp3com-artist] goes out of her way to distance herself from Madonna. The little monsters’ ringleader has reportedly gone as far as firing her choreographer/creative director over making a verbal comparison of the two. Madonna on the other hands seems to go out of her way to compare herself to Gaga.
This week, according to Glamour, Madonna reveals on the BBC’s Graham Norton Show that she feels a connection to Gaga saying “When I first saw her I was really impressed by her. She was cool. She did remind me of me back in the day.”
In an interview with Newsweek Madonna compared “Express Yourself” to “Born This Way” saying “I thought, this is a wonderful way to redo my song. I mean, I recognized the chord changes. I thought it was . . . interesting.”
Ouch, talk about layering on the passive-aggressive compliments!
Regardless, music builds on music with one generation laying the tracks for the next. Their personae and stage acts are by design and being somewhat formulaic similarities are bound to exist. You can’t really blame Gaga, a young and still rising star for not wanting to compare herself to the somewhat pigeon-holed “former Queen of Pop” but you also can’t blame Madonna for wanting to associate herself with an insanely popular pop phenomenon with a shared fan base.
What do you think?
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Billy Joel Wears Star of David in Rare Political Statement
- Deed to Eleanor Rigby’s Grave Hits Auction Block
- My Name Is Prince Exhibit to Include Clothes, Guitars & More
- Freddie Mercury Biopic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Cast Revealed
- Watch Bonnie Tyler Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ with DNCE
- U2 Fans Get Cryptic Letter in the Mail: Is New Music Coming Soon?
- Pearl Jam Share Wrigley Field Documentary Details
- Watch Foo Fighters and Rick Astley Perform ‘Never Gonna Give You Up’
- Win Tickets To See Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- Win Tickets For Hot Autumn Nights At NYCB Theater