Madonna disclosed the name of her new album and I can’t tell if the title is just her name in shorthand or if it’s referencing a certain psychotropic drug.
Make the JUMP and help us decipher the Material Girl’s new album title!
The name of her new album, which is expected to hit shelves by the end of March, is called MDNA.
In an interview for The Graham Norton Show, Madonna said on the album’s release: “It’s soon. It depends how quickly people hack in to my server and leak it. Can people wait? It’s terrible.”
Showing a sense of humor, she was referring to how her album’s track list was unearthed by a supposed hacker.
The question I have is: Why MDNA?
One thing we know for sure, it’s most definitely not a shout out to the Machinery Dealers National Association, abbreviated as MDNA.
Could it be that MDNA is shorthand for Madonna? Get it? MaDoNnA.
Maybe the album is referencing MDMA, also known as the street drug ecstasy.
By listening to the album, you will suddenly feel a euphoric rush filled with intense feelings of intimacy and love come over you like no other.
No matter what the meaning of the album name is, which I’m sure we’ll found out soon enough, it’s already got us talking now hasn’t it?
Score one for Madonna! The album title is provocative and has definitely increased our curiosity.
Her last album, Hard Candy, came out in 2008.
Now with entertainment group Live Nation, this will be the Pop Queen’s first album since leaving Warner Brothers to go in a different direction.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Ewan McGregor, Gary Oldman Perform at David Bowie Tribute
- Rick Rubin Readies ‘Star Wars’ Themed Album
- Peter Cetera Bows Out of Chicago Reunion — Again
- Win Tickets To See Duran Duran at Barclays
- The Monkees Announce 50th Anniversary Album, Rivers Cuomo, Ben Gibbard Contribute Tracks
- Elton John, Boyz II Men Join James Corden for Super Bowl 50 Special
- Twitter Reaction: Beyonce, Bruno Mars Outshine Coldplay In Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show
- Top 10 Super Bowl 50 Commercials
- Win Tickets To See Donny Osmond At St. George Theater
- Elton John Performs Post-Super Bowl Carpool Karaoke with James Corden