Hall & Oates Don’t Like Being Called Hall & Oates… WHAT?!?!
There are few things more annoying than when someone gets your name wrong on more than one occasion. Now just imagine how peeved you would be if EVERYONE got it wrong for FORTY YEARS!
Case in point: Daryl Hall and John Oates. In an interview with Esquire Magazine, Oates reveals that when it came to being referred to as Hall & Oates, the duo’s feelings were always “I can’t go for that!”
No can do.
“There isn’t one album that says Hall and Oates. It’s always Daryl Hall and John Oates. From the very beginning. People never note that. The idea of ‘Hall and Oates,’ this two-headed monster, this thing, is not anything we’ve ever wanted or liked,” John Oates told Esquire.
Being a person in their VERY late 20s, who spent most of their formative years in the 90s, Hall & Oates went together like peanut butter and jelly or Tom and Jerry.
There might have even been a point in my life when I thought Hall & Oates were one person.
Regardless, don’t let this lead you to believe that Daryl and John didn’t get along. They were the best of friends.
“We experienced our whole adult life together. We shared every experience.”
And Daryl was the weird friend.
“Daryl Hall is kind of weird. He’s always been his own man. To this day, he’s a very unique individual. He doesn’t have any hobbies. He doesn’t fit in with society very well.”
It’s OK, Daryl. You’re not alone. And in case of emergency, there’s always the Callin’ Oates Hotline.
Latest from WCBSFM.com >
- Led Zeppelin’s Motion for Dismissal Denied in ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Lawsuit
- Radio.com Minimation: Robert Plant Recalls How ‘Stairway to Heaven’ Was Written
- Pumpkin Festival/Riot Reporter Gets the Business from Irate Organizer
- Ohio State Marching Band Breaks Out the Classic Rock
- And Now, the CUTEST Touchdown, EVER!
- “Happy Days’” Donny Most Talks “Singing & Swinging” To Sinatra and Dean Martin!
- Enter to Win: NJ Devils Tickets
- This Week In History: The Fab Four’s “Hey Jude,” Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours” & Stevie Wonder’s “I Just Called To Say I Love You”
- Bono’s Sunglasses Are Not a Fashion Statement — He Has Glaucoma
- Pearl Jam Dedicate ‘Light Years’ to Isaiah ‘Ikey’ Owens in Detroit: Watch