Reports from Us Weekly say Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell set on this weekend in September to have a small, intimate ceremony at the singer’s farmhouse in Sussex, England.
And when you’re marrying one of the most famous musicians in the world with a catalog of songs that spans over forty years, it seems appropriate that McCartney should provide some of the musical entertainment for his soon-to-be wife. Check out a few songs our listeners think Paul McCartney should sing at his own wedding!
1. “All My Loving” — For a touring musician, this hit makes the promise that even when he’s away, he’ll save “all my loving” for his wife.
2. “Maybe I’m Amazed” — This hit is regarded as one of McCartney’s best love songs, so it makes sense to sing it for his new bride.
3. “Here, There and Everywhere” –With a bittersweet melody and heart aching lyrics, this is a perfect love song for a wedding.
4. “And I Love Her” –Written mainly by McCartney, this love ballad can express all that feels for his bride in a beautiful harmony.
5. “I Will” — We can see the tears of happiness stream down the brides face as McCartney sings “love you forever and forever/love you with all my heart/love you when we’re together/love you when we’re apart.”
6. “Long And Windy Road” — This soft, piano ballad describes the “long and winding road” the couple will travel down together for the rest of their lives.
Have any other songs you think McCartney should sing at his wedding? Let us know what other songs Sir Paul could sing to Nancy! Whether they are Beatles tunes, hits from Wings, or smash solo singles from Macca himself, tell us in the comments section below!
Read More Music News On WCBSFM.com: