Get Tickets: CBS-FM's #HolidayInBrooklyn | On Sale Now

Memorial service details for Johnny Maestro

johnny maestro Memorial service details for Johnny Maestro

Friends and fans of the late great [lastfm]Johnny Maestro[/lastfm] are invited to attend a memorial and celebration of Johnny’s life this Sunday April 11th at Colden Auditorium of Queens College

See more info…

The address is 65-30 Kissena Boulevard and the celebration goes from 1 until 5 p-m. Johnny’s family will attend as well as [lastfm]The Brooklyn Bridge.[/lastfm]

Anyone looking to make a charitable donation in his memory can give to The Johnny Maestro/Brooklyn Bridge Scholarship Fund, which benefits under-privileged children pursuing music and the arts.

Comments

1. Lynn Hilliard says:

I’m just stunned to hear of the death of Johnny Maestro. His music has meant so much to me for many years, especially “The Worst that Could Happen”. He will be missed by his millions of fans and my heart goes out to his family. What an amazing voice he had. This is so sad.

2. Tammy says:

Johnny Maestro was one of the all time greatest music artists, he will truly be missed but never forgotten. All my prayers to his family & friends.
    Tammy

3. Candice Pantano says:

One thing about New Yorkers — they never forget their music. No other area celebrates the oldies and their performers like the tri-state area.

1. Bob In Colorado says:

For those of us who no longer live in the tri state area…Johnny’s music was something we could take with us! The”Angels Listened In”, “Step By Step throughout this career from “My Juanita” through all the great reunion concerts the last 20+ years.The “Worst That Could Happen” would be to ever forget
      this GREAT performer. Condolences to his family; thanks for sharing him with the world . THANK YOU Johnny!

4. Dorie says:

JOHNNY MAESTRO BLESSED US WITH HIS FABULOUS VOICE. HE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN, HIS MUSIC WILL LIVE ON FOREVER. ALL MY PRAYERS TO HIS FAMILY. REST IN PEACE, JOHNNY.

5. Mary Shaw says:

the donation is a great one, to help children in music and arts, Perfect!! God Bless Johnny for his love of Music :-)and all the music he gave us thru the years!! He will be missed.😦

6. alan p. schulman says:

i was so shocked, to hear about johnny maestro passing away. he was a great man of all time i saw him and the bklyn bridge at the 1st annual cbs fm 101.1 family bbq in 2008 and johnny maestro along with the bklyn bridge were so so awesome up on stage i will miss johnny maestro very very much , my condolances to his family friends and cbs fm 101.1 alan p. schulman in forest hills queens ny

7. Howie Lewis says:

I was in shock to hear of the passing of Johnny Maestro. Wheather you saw Johnny & the Brookyln Bridge perform Live in the Catskills or at a Richard Nader show or listen to any of his LP’S, 45’S, or CD’S his music could make you Laugh, Cry, & Sing. If anyone Loved the Oldies You will miss Johnny Maestro. God has added Johnny to Heaven’s All Star Band. We Will Miss You.
    Howie Lewis

8. Lucille Cumming says:

There will also be an online feed from the memorial service on
    ustreamtv.com, type in search box jimmyjayevents and you can watch the entire memorial. If you are on FB then add Jimmy Jay as a friend and he will give you all of the remaining details.

9. Lucille Cumming says:

This will give ALL of Johnnys fans the chance to be a part of this wonderful memorial to OUR John. The auditorium only holds so many, and when the seats are full, the doors will close due to fire laws, so, this is a way we can all say goodbye to THE greatest singer of our life. R.I.P. Johnny, for you are never far from us!

10. margie says:

Johnny you will be missed. Thank you for your great music, I’ll always be your “teenage queen”!

11. Ellen says:

Johnny Maestro was a customer in a bank I worked in in the 1980’s (along with Rick Mango). I will never forget having him at my teller window once and another teller recognized him and began singing :The Worst That Could Happen”. His response was a laugh and “That sure was the worst that could happen!”

We always enjoyed when he was in the bank. He was a true gentleman, a class act who was just a regular guy. He will be sorely missed and my condolences go out to his family. I just wish he had been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame before he passed.

We used to have a ball when the two of them were in at the same time. He is surely missed – my condolences to his family.

12. William says:

I can’t believe he is dead His music was really good, I grew up listening to it. I grew up listening to W.C.B.S.FM before that 77 wabc am

BillR. Former New Jersey resident

13. DJ Kenny B says:

He is one of the best, and his songs will always be played in my house forever till the day I`m gone…..