Broadway Bill Lee
This well-known veteran of radio got into the business the same year CBS-FM went on the air in 1972, with the Greatest Hits of All Time. Growing up in Cleveland during the “Boom of Rock & Roll” he listened to great artists and dj’s like Alan Freed, Mad Daddy and others. After working in bands in the 60s, radio called and Mr. Lee answered, eventually programming WTIC-FM in Hartford. He went on to jock at great stations like KFRC in San Francisco, WLOL in Minneapolis, and KPKE, Denver, before landing in afternoon drive in New York City.
During the late 80s, Bill maintained prominence in New York before heading back to San Francisco. By the spring of 1996, the urge to come back home to New York was too irresistible!
He’s done lots of charity work for organizations including The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, The March of Dimes and The Manhattan Society. Bill is the father of three grown boys, and he and his wife, New York radio personality Beth Bacall, are raising two girls and two cats.
Broadway Bill Lee has received The Billboard Radio Magazine award for Radio Personality of the Year, as well as Personality of the Year from Radio & Records Magazine and two New York Metro Air Awards for Best Afternoon Drive Show.
Able to rhyme on a dime in perfect time, fool around on the phone and get your mind blown with a blast from the past, you’re listening to Broadway Bill Lee on CBS-FM 101.1!
Read More On WCBSFM.com:
- ‘The Bachelorette’ Finds Her Man, Leaves Breaks Hearts In Her Wake
- Watch Out, Brad Blanks Just Got His Driver’s License
- Vote for Joe Causi as Staten Island’s Favorite Radio Personality
- Led Zeppelin Announces Reissues of ‘Untitled’ Fourth LP and ‘Houses of the Holy’
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett To Release Jazz Duets Album ‘Cheek to Cheek’ This Fall
- Sleepwalking Dog “Bizkit” Wakes Up, Catches Wall Not Cat